News Archives: GPRC Winter 2021 Delivery
Wednesday, October 28th, 2020
GPRC Winter 2021 Delivery.
As the fall semester draws to a close, we wish to provide you with an update on COVID-19 measures and what you can expect in the winter semester. In the interest of ensuring the safety of our students, faculty, and staff GPRC has decided that it will continue its mixed delivery of courses and services to students for the Winter 2021 semester. The College has adapted its program delivery to maximize in-person instruction and opportunities essential to meet educational objectives while strictly adhering to safety guidelines and protocols and ensuring the continuity of high-quality learning.
The College will continue throughout the winter semester to adhere to protocols, recommendations and guidelines made by the Chief Medical Officer of Health for the Province of Alberta to mitigate the spread of illness.
GPRC’s Campus Access Guidelines and Expectations will remain in place during winter delivery. The following protocols are in place on all GPRC premises to protect the health and safety of our GPRC community.
- Students, faculty and staff required to be on-campus must complete the mandatory health screening process through the GPRC app.
- Students, faculty and staff required to be on-campus must always wear a mask and maintain social distancing of two meters.
- GPRC has enhanced cleaning and sanitization practices on all GPRC premises.
If a student, faculty or staff member begins to experience COVID-19 related symptoms, they must mask up, hand sanitize and leave GPRC premises immediately, contact Health Link 811 and adhere to the following guidelines.
- Students, faculty and staff who have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 must self-isolate from GPRC premises for 14 days from when they had initial contact.
- Students, faculty and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 must self-isolate from GPRC premises for a minimum of 10 days.
- All students, faculty and staff who are self-isolating must register through the College’s COVID-19 Isolation Registry and inform their immediate supervisor.
Students experiencing any symptoms, who are self-isolating or have additional COVID-19 related questions, are asked to contact Aman Litt, Director, Student Experience, at ALitt@GPRC.ab.ca. Staff experiencing any symptoms, who are self-isolating or have additional COVID-19 related questions, are asked to contact Human Resources, at HumanResources@GPRC.ab.ca.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to Nathaniel Smith, Manager, Enterprise Risk at NSmith@GPRC.ab.ca.
For up-to-date and ongoing information, please visit GPRC’s COVID-19 web page at gprc.me/COVID19.
Thank you for your continued support during this time, as the College continues to take the steps necessary to keep you and those around you safe.