Please note, this program has been updated, effective November 4, 2020. If you started the Entrepreneurship Certificate prior to this date, you will receive credit for courses already taken. If you require courses from the former program which are no longer available, please contact the Continuing Education department for more information on how to complete your certificate. Click here to see the former Entrepreneurship Certificate program requirements.
Entrepreneurship Certificate - Professional Development Certificate
You may dream of being your own boss and generating your own income… but do you have the resources to handle the changes this will create in your life? If you’re going to be successful as an entrepreneur, you have to be prepared for the risks and challenges that come with it. Before you take the first step, take time to find out if you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur, to understand the benefits of entrepreneurship, to walk through some of the business steps, and to learn about your chances of success. The Entrepreneurship Certificate program will provide you with the business operation skills required to become a business owner, and take your career to the next level. Current entrepreneurs can also benefit from the Entrepreneurship program by enhancing your business skills, helping propel your business to success!
Learning and Career Growth
These courses will help you:
- Describe characteristics of a successful entrepreneur, and outline the stages of the entrepreneurial process
- Describe major ethical frameworks used in developing business ethics
- Outline key factors for an innovative organization and understand barriers to innovation
- Identify how to build teamwork by recognizing and tapping into the key characteristics and components of an effective team
- Identify and analyze important financial data, understand the nature of revenue and expenses, and be able to develop a financial plan
- Discuss the changing role of supervisors and managers in terms of HR functions
- Define your market, know the different types of marketing and ways to use them, and know how to develop a marketing plan and a marketing campaign
- Become proficient in Microsoft Excel by learning to create worksheets, use formulas and functions, work with charts and organize data
- Understand the importance of internal and external relationships in managing suppliers and developing a sourcing strategy, and determine the effects of e-procurement on supply management
- Describe the principles and practices that guide quality management activities
- Explain various strategies for engaging with audiences via social media, and the aims of each form of engagement
- Define strategic management and planning, and understand how strategic choices affect firm performance
- Understand how managers lead, and implement the qualities that make an effective leader
Duration and Delivery
This certificate consists of 14 courses, 3 - 30 hours in length, for a total of 150 instructional hours. Courses are offered through instructor-led live online sessions, or in a self-paced online format. You can find more information on course delivery by clicking each individual course link.
Course fees range from $179 - $399 and the total cost to complete the full certificate is $3,774 based on the current course fees. Fees are listed with individual courses and do not include supplies unless otherwise indicated. Fees are subject to change.
There are no admission requirements for this program. You can register for a course at any time. It is recommended that the Introduction to Entrepreneurship course be taken first, as a program overview.
Courses may be taken individually, or complete all 14 required courses to obtain an Entrepreneurship professional development certificate.
Courses in the 'Entrepreneurship Certificate'