OFFER: Get up to 2/3 of your employee training costs covered through the Canada Job Grant.
Training can be done online, on-site, and in the classroom. Classes can be part-time or full-time.
Apply now >>
Purchasing Professional Certificate
Purchasing Professional Certificate - Professional Development Certificate
To maximize profit and stay ahead of the competition, businesses must continually update their processes and operations. To do this, they need professionals who can help them find the best prices for the goods and services they use or resell. The Purchasing Professional certificate program focuses on preparing you to negotiate prices and work out contracts for companies who provide services or manufacture or sell goods. You will learn to research quality, price, reliability and other important factors in examining potential suppliers.
Learning and Career Growth
These courses will help you:
- Define basic financial terminology
- Prepare budgets of any type or size
- Identify contract elements
- Negotiate contracts and create basic amendments security
- Identify various negotiation styles
- Understand the phases of negotiation, and the skills needed for successful negotiating
- Identify different types of proposals
- Prepare a proposal outline
- Understand the principles of the purchasing cycle
- Manage a competitive bid process
- Define supply chain management and understand its strategic role in organizations that source goods and services
- Formulate strategies for mitigating supply chain risk, and discuss the events that can create disruption in the supply chain
Duration and Delivery
This certificate consists of 6 courses, approximately 8 - 10 hours in length, for a total of 56 instructional hours. All courses are offered in a self-paced online format.
Course fees range from $179 - $399 and the total cost to complete the full certificate is $1,354 based on the current course fees. Fees are listed with individual courses, and courses do not require any additional purchase of supplementary materials. Fees are subject to change.
There are no admission requirements for this program. You can register for a course at any time. Courses can be taken in any order.
Courses may be taken individually, or complete all 6 required courses to obtain a Purchasing Professional program certificate. Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% in each self-paced online course to meet the minimum successful completion requirement. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Courses in the 'Purchasing Professional Certificate'