NOTICE: Select safety courses are currently being offered in-person as part of GPRC’s Relaunch Strategy. Online and videoconference courses will be available for registration and will run as scheduled.
You can start self-paced Online courses at any time. To start sooner than a listed course date, contact us here
OFFER: Get up to 2/3 of your employee training costs covered through the Canada Job Grant.
Training can be done online, on-site, and in the classroom. Classes can be part-time or full-time.
Apply now >>
Chainsaw Two Day - GPRC (CNH03)
This two-day course consists of one-day of classroom and one-day of practical training. Participants will receive a three-year certificate from Grande Prairie Regional College upon successful completion.
Topics covered are:
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Tools and Equipment
• Fire Prevention and Suppression
• Inherent Dangers of the Chainsaw
• Personal Safety Program
• Basic Operation - Chainsaw Handling
• Chainsaw Maintenance
Students must provide the following:
- Chaps/Chainsaw Pants – minimum 3600TCS (Meets WCB BC 1-1997)
- Steel Toed Boots
- Eye Protection
- Hardhat – CSA side c/w ear muffs and wire mesh visor
- Transportation to field for practical work
Are you looking for contract training? Please call us at 780.539.2975 for information on holding this course at your location.