Modernization and Efficiency
The global landscape of advanced education is changing. Traditional norms and delivery mechanisms are becoming antiquated and do not meet the needs of the 21st-century student. Our teaching and delivery mechanisms must be relevant and experiential. We must integrate practicality and relevance into the design and delivery of curriculum to foster student engagement and success.
To ensure that GPRC is a sustainable and resilient post-secondary institution consistent with new economic realities.
- Develop a budget to align with, and implement, Government of Alberta fiscal priorities and approved programming.
- Collaborate with other Alberta post-secondary institutions to find ways for greater efficiency and savings.
- Strengthen and diversify revenue streams.
- Develop and implement a human resources strategy and succession plan that leverage the substantial investment in human capital made by the College and enhance employee engagement and performance.
- Enhance the utilization of facilities to ensure maximum return on investment and key performance indicators.
- Develop and implement a new advancement strategy to reduce reliance on government funds and leverage key institutional relationships.
- Develop and implement an institutional Campus Use Master Plan for surplus lands to monetize excess assets and generate revenue to reduce reliance on government funding.
For GPRC to be a leading 21st century academic institution with a modern, lean, agile business platform to support academic activities.
- Initiate an institutional policy review and red tape reduction initiative to increase efficiency and effectiveness in all departments.
- Transition to paperless records management systems and workflows across the institution.
- Implement a new Student Management System and Customer Relationship Management model that will leverage technologies to engage 21st century students.
- Embrace innovation and automation of processes by prioritizing a list of innovation and automation projects and adhering to it annually.
- Initiate a process audit for select departments and complete the creation of an internal audit function.
- Expand online and digital services available to staff and students.
- Enhance institutional planning and research through investment in data, strategic analytics and business intelligence tools to drive better decisions.